Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Plethora of Blog Advice


As I continue this journey to figure out my "nitch" in the blogging world, I continue to research ways to make my blog popular.  The information on the internet is so overwhelming, it seems that there is no simple A B C site to tell you how, what, why and when. 

I did come across Yaro Starak and he had some very interesting tips and ideas for a beginner. I also looked into Digg and Zimbio and added my blog site with both of them to see if any more traffic would filter through.  I figure that's a pretty good start to get this blogging party started, right?

These are the things that I have read, over and over, so I figure they have to be some basis of having a popular blog:

1.  Know your subject and stay on it. Don't switch topics all the time because followers or readers need something that has a good foundation.

2.  Pick a topic that you are passionate about, that you enjoy writing about, and that you know a lot about.

3.  Having ads on your site can help you make money.

4.  You need to have good traffic to and from your site for others to have access.

5.  Blog frequently.

There it is.  All in 5 points, but I'm going nowhere. 

Jeanzthingz was created as a personal blog, and not a money making blog; however, any extra money my way would be fantastic!  I have taken a few days to focus on my topics though, and will continue to do some research on other media sites and welcome any other advice that I could use from fellow bloggers.  Jeanzthingz is success in the making.  I don't know of anyone who just starts on the top of the "popular blogging status".  This is where I will start, and  work my way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment