Saturday, January 15, 2011

Healing Tea

A few months ago, a severe sore throat came upon me out of nowhere, along with not feeling the greatest.  I was at work when my throat only became worse before I clocked out at 5:00PM.  I could barely swallow and knew that I needed to have something right away to help me get through the night.

I stopped at our local health food store, Natural Health and Home, on my way home and walked in and asked Nan if she had anything to help with with a sore throat.  She guided me to the herbal tea section and told me that this healing tea would be something that could help.  She offered some cinnahoney to go along with it in case I needed a natural sweetener in my tea. Instructions were, because it was a loose tea, after boiling a cup of water, to put one teaspoon in a tea bag, let it simmer in the cup of hot water for at least 5 minutes.  I was to drink at least 2 cups of tea that evening, so I did.  The tea was not the best tasting tea I ever had, but some may choose to differ.  To me it had a little bit of a "bite", but that could have been some of the herbs in it, like the cayenne pepper. After my second cup, it was late and my throat still bothered me, so I decided to just go on to bed and see if there was any change the next morning. 

When I woke up the next day, I could swallow, at least a little bit with no severe pain.  I was very happy for this little bit of relief. I went to work and continued to have a cup of the healing tea in the morning, and drank another in the afternoon.  As the day went on, my throat was getting better by the minute and I felt better all over.  By the next day, my throat was fine, I felt great and all was well! 

I have recommended this healing tea to friends, family and co-workers because it works.  I wanted to share to all my new friends so that if they are looking for something to heal that sore throat, or help with allergies, colds, or aches and pains, to try this healing tea. 

 If you have any questions about any type of herbal tea, or organic remedies, call Nan at Natural Health and Home.  She is very informative and will let you know exactly what you need!

Until Next Time!
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment